Tuesday, September 3, 2013

MAKING A PATTERN FOR A KURUTHA




Making a kurutha pattern
My Nooh loves sleeping in his cotton kurutha
I used to have him wear normal pajamas to sleep, although they r comfy in winter he finds them too hot in summer.
So one day I put him in his kurutha when he woke up in the middle of the night feeling itchy n crying.
He has very sensitive skin and he sweats a lot.
I found that he slept much better in his kurutha which was what he actually wore for Eid.
Anyway I thought of making some for him by myself.
It seemed a shame to spent money on something that looked so easy to make not to mention fun.

As I plan to make a few of them I decided to make a pattern.
That way I could easily make as many as I like with little fuss as possible.
Here is him in his kurutha all ready for bed.

The kurutha has a little opening at front which makes it little difficult to get him in to
So I decided mine would be like a shirt.


So to make a pattern I actually found some paper. If you have a kid I’m sure there will be enough paper around the house to make a pattern.
Brown paper is fine. I have even used newspapers at times to make patterns but things which are not printed are better.
So I found this green chart paper.
So above is the kurutha top n bottom which ill show  how to make a pattern at a later date but very soon.

Making pattern for the top

Fold kurutha in half front side in and the sleeves folded in along the stitching line and lay it along the edge.
Use a pencil and draw an outline if u want the kurutha to be looser u can make it so.
I’m making it to be a little looser.
Now
Cut it.

U will have something like this
This is the back

Now to make the front u can use the pattern u just made
Lay this about an inch away from the other edge n cut


Cut the front neck as deep as u like. You can use the old kurutha as a guide or wing it.


Now to cut sleeve, lay the sleeve down as shown, outline it and cut. If u has made your kurutha looser add about that amount to the sleeve too.
Cut this

Pattern for your kurutha top is ready. Label every part.
It should be like this. The bottom part is the pants ill show how to make that at a later date.



here is the first kurutha i made
HAPPY SEWING

No comments:

Post a Comment