Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How to sew a kurutha




How to sew a kurutha
In my previous tutorials I have shown how to make the pattern
http://laucreates.blogspot.in/2013/09/making-pattern-for-kurutha.html 
And how to do the neck
So this is how to do the stitching of the kurtha
When u start first thing u need to do is get all the pieces together
back piece on left one front piece on the right


Preferably near an iron

An iron can make an armatures work look professional

For started take the two front pieces fold twice n stich the front opening

Next fold twice and do the arm holes. You could try free arm sewing but with children’s clothes the arm holes r too small so I usually do it first 

Now take the back piece
With the right side facing in stitch shoulders zig zag or sager the stitches depending on what you have
Your piece looks like this

U can do a stitch around the neck but with such a small garment I don’t usually bother
Now follow the neck tutorial and do the neck
Your piece looks like this

This is where I have gone and done some decoration
This is one of the few times I wished I had those fancy machines which made all those stiches like flowers n swarms n bunny rabbits. Well I don’t know about bunny rabbits I have seen machines which can do flowers n swans hmm buy hey I love my machine
So first I used the stich I used to do button holes started at the end of the right flap of the shirt all around the neck to the end of the other flap
Then I used one of the stiches I use for patchwork just next to it I used a contrasting color just for fun

Now attach the arms
It’s easier if you start in the middle n go
With all the curves in the arm this is what I usually do
Now zigzag 

Then do the side stitch n zigzag
Then u can do both the side openings

Carefully start at one edge until u come to where the garment is joins put a horizontal stitch here
Now work ur way down

Do both opening on the sides


Now fold twice n iron the hem n stitch ur kurutha is done 

Mark two inch intervals
Do button holes


Open them
Put the buttons 

N ur kurutha is done yayyy

No comments:

Post a Comment